The BJP-RSS's ascent to power at the Centre has led to the increased assertion of Hindutva politics, which is focused on Hindu nationalism in contrast to the Indian nationalism envisaged by the freedom movement and the Indian Constitution.
One of the components of Hindu nationalism is to perpetuate the caste hierarchy in new forms. In this direction, RSS and it affiliates are adopting multiple strategies. On one hand, they pay obeisance to Babasaheb Ambedkar and on the other they promote the values of caste inequality in the name of “our glorious heritage”. At the same time, RSS floats organizations like Samajik Samrasta Manch to co-opt the Dalits into Brahmanic fold.
Ambedkar and Hindutva Politics by Ram Puniyani examines the issues raised by the politics of RSS and its effort to suppress the Dalit aspirations of social justice and equality. It refers to writings of Babasaheb to show that RSS-Hindutva politics stands in total opposition to the ideology of Ambedkar and Dalits’ emancipation.
In this 52 page tract, Ram Puniyani discusses the following issues:
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar: An Overview
- RSS: An overview
- Ambedkar: Hindutva and RSS
- Ambedkar’s Ideology: Religion, Nationalism and Indian Constitution
- RSS Agenda and Dalits
- Samajik Samrasta Manch: Co-opting Dalits to Hindutva Agenda
- Whither Annihilation of Caste?
- Dalit Politics and Caste Annihilation
- Worshipping gods in the times of elections
- Caste and Hindutva political strategies
- RSS thory that caste hierarchy created by invaders
- Ambedkar on Pakistan and Hindu Raj
- Rohith Vemula: Hindutva politics and the Dalit question today.
From Pharos Media and Publishing, Rs 50. ISBN: 9788172210816